Re: [opensuse] munging again
On 2014-01-25 20:24 (GMT-0500) Ken Schneider - openSUSE composed:

It is not the list
server that sent the message, it is the author.

The author authored it. The author addressed one message to the list, not to me. The listserv addressed copies of the one message it received to me and to many others, and the listserv sent those copies, not the author.

The list server only facilitates the mass delivery of the message.

It's far more. Listservs are an indispensable prerequisite to authored messages directed to those listservs showing up in mailing list subscribers' mailboxes. Messages sent to mailing lists not subscribed to do not show up in mailboxes of non-subscribers.

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/