Re: [opensuse] "X" config
On 01/25/2014 09:46 AM, Greg Freemyer pecked at the keyboard and wrote:

jdebert <jdebert@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Without SAX2, it seems manually editing modelines is necessary. That's
the domain of wizards and mages because it's too easy to damage display
and/or graphics card. SAX2 could safely do the centering and display
sizing graphically and then modify the modelines appropriately.

Are you ignoring SAX3 for some reason?

I know it doesn't work for all, but at least acknowledge it since it's in the
distro.

Greg

I have tried it and it does not provide what I'm looking for. I need to see the changes to the actual screen as the numbers are changed and I get that with sax3. So far I tried three different changes which only caused ""X" not to start until I removed config files created by sax3.

--
Ken Schneider
SuSe since Version 5.2, June 1998