Re: [opensuse] How do I get acroread 9 to print landscape ?
* John Andersen <jsamyth@xxxxxxxxx> [01-25-14 14:26]:
* Duaine Hechler <dahechler@xxxxxxxxx> [01-25-14 13:42]:
[...]
All I did was change the printer driver from - hpijs - to - hpcups - and
it worked.

then
hplip does not support your printer
hplip is out of date/old/needs to be updated
a bug report needs to be made

ps: where did you find "hpcups"?

There were hplip updates just yesterday.

I have them

On my machine hpcups.ppd is found found in /usr/share/cups/model/
in a couple different subdirectories.

my system does not, but it may relate to the particular printer(s) you
have installed. I *only* have a networked printer on a local ip address
and my wife's epson attached directly to her win box. I can print
remotely to it, but ....

But, yes, hplip's support of HP's own printers can be good for one
printer model and bad for another.

very much so

Its usually especially bad for printers not connected through
the network (e.g. usb printers plugged into another machine).

yes, they have networked printers that and not available in linux unless
you purchase drivers for ?? trueprint or ...