Re: [opensuse] munging again (was: Some reason not get...)
* Felix Miata <mrmazda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> [01-25-14 15:33]:
On 2014-01-25 14:23 (GMT-0500) Patrick Shanahan composed:

* John Andersen <jsamyth@xxxxxxxxx> [01-25-14 14:15]:

Reply to all, and the list being configured to reply to sender rather
than the list is the root cause of this problem.

No, it is the way that *should* be expected.

Notwithstanding head buried in sand RFCs, openSUSE lists are public
discussion lists that authors direct compositions to so that the
listserv can send them to subscribers. The listserv is the sender WRT
to those who are subscribed, not the message authors. Messages are
sent in public, and because they are sent in public, it is only
natural for their responses to be public as well. Yet, the listserv
thwarts such behavior being automatic in favor of assuming replies
should be sent privately to the author instead of the sender.

Reply to list is the expected behavior on every other list in the world,
yet mostly out of stubbornness at this point, OS clings to its
nonstandard configuration, and the usual trolls come out in droves and
flame anyone who dares suggest its just wrong headed.

I have friends I visit and remove my shoes before entering their
house/home. The openSUSE lists expect/require certain behavour and I
follow that to the best of my ability/characture. When in Rome....