Re: [opensuse] How do I get acroread 9 to print landscape ?
* Duaine Hechler <dahechler@xxxxxxxxx> [01-25-14 13:42]:
[...]
All I did was change the printer driver from - hpijs - to - hpcups - and
it worked.

then
hplip does not support your printer
hplip is out of date/old/needs to be updated
a bug report needs to be made

ps: where did you find "hpcups"?

fwiw: My hp color laserjet 2840 has no problems with hplip and prints
landscape or profile when directed.

There were hplip updates just yesterday.

On my machine hpcups.ppd is found found in /usr/share/cups/model/
in a couple different subdirectories.

But, yes, hplip's support of HP's own printers can be good for one
printer model and bad for another.

Its usually especially bad for printers not connected through
the network (e.g. usb printers plugged into another machine).