Re: [opensuse] kernel panics with v13.1 (+?)

Joseph Comfort Phone: (480)-965-6377
Physics Department Dept.: (480)-965-3561
Arizona State University Fax: (480)-965-7954
Tempe, AZ 85287-1504 Email: Joseph.Comfort@xxxxxxx

On Fri, 24 Jan 2014, Joseph Comfort wrote:

I installed opensuse v13.1 in December on my home desktop. Generally OK, but with some glitches (e.g., sound but no volume control). My persistent problem is that (after being away for several hours or a day or two) the system can freeze. The CapsLock and ScrollLock lights are blinking together, but everything else is dead. It can even not be
reached via ssh (hence I can not see any current messages).

After being away for just a couple of hours, I found the system frozen with the screen display just as I had left it. I will have to go back to v12.3 to test that I do not get this problem.

Joe Comfort