Re: [opensuse] installing suse 11 in tower , cd drive only
On Sat, 2014-01-25 at 00:13 -0500, Joe Zien wrote:
Peter wrote:
On 24/01/14 16:52, Joe Zien wrote:
message says it all.
Don't have an internal or external drive,
have DVD in my laptop.

jozien

Assuming this message is actually a question, can you do an install
from a USB stick? Or if not, try the minimal install from a CD, or a
network install?
I can't boot from a usb stick.

Thanks all for your replies

I refurbish old comps for senior citizens with my friend who donated an
internal DVD drive and upgraded the memory, Now I caan install suse

Just another thought,
Just get a openSUSE-13.1-NET-i586.iso or openSUSE-13.1-NET-x86_64.iso
image, these are about 250MB, so fit on a cdrom.

After booting, point either to the official http-source, or a local
mirror. AFAICR the version of the net-boot-cdrom is irrelevant, it does
not have to match the installation source.

hw