Re: [opensuse] Re: Temp directories NOT cleared at boot (oS13.1)
Le 25/01/2014 09:48, Linda Walsh a écrit :
jdd wrote:
Le 25/01/2014 09:26, Linda Walsh a �crit :

Tell me how well that would work coming out of memory for most
people?

using an other folder?
---
Another "tmp" folder that would become
fodder for systemd's tmpfs management?

no a folder you manage yourself

That's just moving the problem downstream.

/tmp has never been a memory limited folder -- changing it
to one would be another fiasco.

/tmp was always a limited memory folder by default, being on limited / partition

multiterabytes disks are not so old :-(, and having a separate /tmp partition do not solve your problem.

/tmp is a system-wide temporary folder and should not IMHO hold personal large files, as an admin, I get all /tmp to be removable as needed

jdd

--
http://www.dodin.org