[opensuse] Re: Temp directories NOT cleared at boot (oS13.1)
Carlos E. R. wrote:

AFAIK, /tmp is a tmpfs in pure systemd setups, according to the devs.
openSUSE did not agree, and /tmp remains a real directory on openSUSE
systems.

So, upstream, they assume that /tmp just is recreated on boot, so no
need to purge it. I don't know why the openSUSE cron jobs were
removed. And the systemd mechanisms to clean old files on /tmp do not
work, of course.
----
That would be very screwed up. I put multi-gig files in tmp that
I expect to stay around for at least a few weeks.

Currently have 28G used on /tmp.

Tell me how well that would work coming out of memory for most
people?