Re: [opensuse] Some reason not getting my own post back.
* John Andersen <jsamyth@xxxxxxxxx> [01-24-14 16:54]:
No, Carlos is most definitely correct!

When you post to the list using gmail/google smtp, you will not see the
return/list post from openSUSE. What you see is a cludge, your original
outgoing mail via google's smtp. It is a google ?feature? which prevents
duplicate mail in their system.

Carlos is uselessly splitting hairs.

What you see was returned to your folder by Google, (not by your machine),
and this serves the purpose of getting your own mail to appear in the proper
sequence in your inbox (or which ever folder you use to read the list).

That was all that was asked. That is all it does.
That you didn't get the full round trip image doesn't matter for this purpose.
Your mailbox and thread structure will be intact and proper threading will
appear in Thunderbird, Kmail, Pine, and any other email client you care to
use.

Doesn't matter if its a hack. It works for the purpose people were looking
for,
namely to see their own posts in the threading, just as they would appear
if sent by your method.

And doesn't alter Carlos's correct explanation or the facts.

And I do not know but will investigate whether it correctly threads in my
mail system which is local, text and mbox.