Re: [opensuse] "X" config
On 01/24/2014 07:22 AM, Anton Aylward pecked at the keyboard and wrote:
On 01/24/2014 12:30 AM, Michael Hamilton wrote:
On Fri, 24 Jan 2014, Ken Schneider - openSUSE wrote:

I think there used to be a way to do this with a GUI tool, but I have
not needed
to do so in many years.

Perhaps take a look at the man page for xrandr

IIR xrandr and its DM variants only offer a choice based on what the X
server autoconfigures or what is defined in the
xorg.conf.d/50-monitor.conf

Ken, this late model way of setting the xserver is much nicer than the
old single file method. You only have to specify what you need to
'override' rather than write a complete config file.

I'm sure it is but not knowing what to change and where to change it can be daunting for the uninformed. Can you point people to documentation for changing the settings?

--
Ken Schneider
SuSe since Version 5.2, June 1998