Re: [opensuse] LibreOffice PDF Import
  • From: C <smaug42@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2014 13:34:58 +0100
On Fri, Jan 24, 2014 at 1:27 PM, Anton Aylward
<opensuse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 01/24/2014 02:18 AM, C wrote:
How does that possibly help a man recover files from PDFs created a long
time ago?

Let me quote what I said:

This doesn't help with 3rd party PDFs, but it works perfectly for your
own documents.

And from Anton....

So if I were to compose a document with -writer and export as a PDF
then
import, what it imports into is -draw. I can edit it as a drawing,
picture, but not as a text.

Seems like it answers at least this question/scenario...

NOT!
The "long time ago" applies. John is correct.
Now I am aware of this I'll make use of it, but the documents I am dealing
with were not created in this manner.

Ok, I'll shut up... you can all return to your previous conversation. Enjoy.

C.
--
openSUSE 13.1 x86_64, KDE 4.11