Re: [opensuse] Adjusting console font size
On 2014-01-24 07:54 (GMT+0100) Werner Flamme composed:

Felix Miata composed:

On 2014-01-23 14:44 (GMT-0500) Ted Byers composed:

Felix Miata wrote:

[tty[1-6]

Never heard of it.

Not "it", "them". Ctrl-Alt-F#, where # is any of 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. In some
installations this has been less predictable. The traditional location for
getting back to X is reached by Ctrl-Alt-F7, but in other distros you may
find it via Ctrl-Alt-F1 or somewhere else. On some openSUSE installations
I've seen the same unpredictable landing of X on other than tty7.

To reach it with Ctrl-Alt-F7, I boot into runlevel 3 (or
multiuser.target), change all through the ttys 1-6 by pressing Ctrl-F2
to Ctrl-F6 subsequently until I see a login prompt, and log in on tty6
to start my KDE with "startx". Up to now, I can get back to X with
Ctrl-Alt-F7 then.

No, I do not complain that this only became necessary after systemd was
introduced...

Not necessary for me, but I don't have plymouth installed, and I run a script after installation of 12.3, 13.1 and 13.2 one time that lights up all ttys at init time instead of "on demand". Maybe it will save you that hassle. Before running it, move or remove the content from /etc/systemd/getty.target.wants/.

http://fm.no-ip.com/Share/gettysmk.sh

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/