Re: [opensuse] LibreOffice PDF Import
  • From: C <smaug42@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2014 07:26:16 +0100
On Thu, Jan 23, 2014 at 8:00 PM, Anton Aylward
<opensuse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
OK, done that.
What I get is an image. Each line of text is a separate image thing.
So if I were to compose a document with -writer and export as a PDF then
import, what it imports into is -draw. I can edit it as a drawing, a
picture, but not as a text.

If I were to compose as a proper graphic, and here my experience with with
InkScape rather than -draw, then the text boxes flow, they are not the
disjointed things like this.

Is there no way I can get the PDF back into the -writer?

Maybe hand editing is doable for a one page document but not for some of the
longer ones.

All this discussion and no one mentions the Hybrid PDF option?

Assuming you are the one creating your documents, drawings etc., and
exporting to PDF, add a check next to "Embed OpenDocument file" when
you create your PDF. Presto magic, next time you open the PDF with
LibreOffice, you can edit and work on the original document used to
create the PDF.

This doesn't help with 3rd party PDFs, but it works perfectly for your
own documents.

openSUSE 13.1 x86_64, KDE 4.11