Re: [opensuse] "X" config
Ken Schneider - openSUSE:
Back in the old days before "X" was auto-configured there was a way to
adjust the screen size (not resolution) and position. With my Toshiba
Satellite the "screen" is too far to the left which cuts off the left
part of the desktop and any open windows which I have full screen.

Is there a way to adjust these settings anywhere. And NO I do not wish
to create a custom xorg.conf.

SAX3 may work for you. SAX2 used to have controls to adjust display
positiion and was superior to the X autoconfig.

That's all I can suggest. SAX3 crashes & breaks my display so I have to
set it up manually now.