Re: [opensuse] Adjusting console font size
On 2014-01-23 14:44 (GMT-0500) Ted Byers composed:

Felix Miata wrote:

What console,

[tty[1-6]

Never heard of it.

Not "it", "them". Ctrl-Alt-F#, where # is any of 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. In some installations this has been less predictable. The traditional location for getting back to X is reached by Ctrl-Alt-F7, but in other distros you may find it via Ctrl-Alt-F1 or somewhere else. On some openSUSE installations I've seen the same unpredictable landing of X on other than tty7.

I guess I'll google it to learn something about it.
But, doess it not have a configuration file like the other consoles?

/etc/sysconfig/console

.bashrc isn't needed unless you want to add such things as aliases, so
just make one.

OK. I have already edited mine in my home directory. Where would I put
the new .bashrc for the root directory?

In root's home dir, /root. Root needs access to its home whether /home exists or is mounted or not, so it goes in / instead of /home.

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/