Re: [opensuse] Temp directories NOT cleared at boot (oS13.1)
On 1/23/2014 12:02 AM, Peter wrote:
I did the stupid and crass thing of simply deleting everything and rebooting
because I couldn't be bothered learning all about systemd to do
it the proper way, and have had problems on this machine ever since. (I'd
done the same thing previously on old installs where cron handled
this and it never produced a problem, FWIW).

You should file a bug report if deleting temp causes any problems at all.
Temp means temp. Words have meanings. If the distro has suddenly instituted
a requirement that /temp persist, its wrong headed, and needs to be fixed.