Re: [opensuse] How to access openSUSE server hosted in VirtualBox
Le 23/01/2014 15:53, Vojtěch Zeisek a écrit :
Thank You for straightforward howto.

Dne St 22. ledna 2014 19:00:27, Dsant napsal(a):
Le 22/01/2014 17:59, Vojtěch Zeisek a écrit :
Hi,
I have VirtualBox on my notebook (running openSUSE 13.1) hosting for
testing purposes openSUSE 13.1 server. I wonder how to configure network
VB's and hosted's OS networking to be able to access server services from
hosting computer. All my trials failed: I lost network on server and I
can't connect it. I don't need to access hosted system from outer
network. Any advice? All the best,
Vojtěch
* disable your firewalls on your Host and guest ! (or try without it)

* Go in the VirtualBox manager,

* Menu File, Preferences (or CTRL-G)
* "Network", then click on "+" on right
* Edit its properties, Choose your Host IP adress as 192.168.10.1
* close
It is host only network, right? No need to configure DHCP?

* right click on your virtual machine, "Settings" (or CTRL-S)
* Network, Adapter 1 : "Attached to NAT". Use it for repositories access.
In hosted systém I assigned DHCP to this interface. I'm not able to connect
from hosted server to anywhere. When I try to access some IP address, I get
error about unreachable network, when I connect to hostname, I get error about
unknown host. I don't know what is wrong

* Network, Adapter 2 : "Host only Adapter"

* On your Guest use "yast2 lan" to set 192.168.10.2
Static IP is set for second network interface connecting only to host. Nice, I
can connect from the host to the server.

Ok ?
Not at all, but step forward. ;-)

Dsant, from France
All the best,
Vojtěch

I understand, of course if you want to connect to a server behind a NAT, you have to use "port forwarding" in "network properties" :)
Which service do you want to run ?

Dsant, from France