Re: [opensuse] Temp directories NOT cleared at boot (oS13.1)
On 23/01/14 07:29, jdd wrote:
Le 23/01/2014 08:19, Dylan a écrit :
Hi

I was doing some general HD housekeeping recently, and found several
hundred
old and irrelevant files scattered through the directories under /tmp.
This
was surprising, since I have the "clear temp directories on boot"
option set
to "yes" in the YaST sysconfig editor module.

Is this no longer the 'correct' method to cleat the temp directories? How
should I make sure that these directories do not become overloaded with
redundant files in future?

Thanks
Dylan
may be they are owned by "root", the setup for root is different then
for normal users

From the description in /etc/sysconfig/cron:

"Set this to "yes" to entirely remove (rm -rf) all files and subdirectories
from the temporary directories defined in TMP_DIRS_TO_CLEAR on bootup.
Please note, that this feature ignores OWNER_TO_KEEP_IN_TMP - all files will
be removed without exception."

jdd