Re: [opensuse] How to access openSUSE server hosted in VirtualBox
Le 22/01/2014 17:59, Vojtěch Zeisek a écrit :
Hi,
I have VirtualBox on my notebook (running openSUSE 13.1) hosting for testing
purposes openSUSE 13.1 server. I wonder how to configure network VB's and
hosted's OS networking to be able to access server services from hosting
computer. All my trials failed: I lost network on server and I can't connect
it. I don't need to access hosted system from outer network. Any advice?
All the best,
Vojtěch

* disable your firewalls on your Host and guest ! (or try without it)

* Go in the VirtualBox manager,

* Menu File, Preferences (or CTRL-G)
* "Network", then click on "+" on right
* Edit its properties, Choose your Host IP adress as 192.168.10.1
* close

* right click on your virtual machine, "Settings" (or CTRL-S)
* Network, Adapter 1 : "Attached to NAT". Use it for repositories access.
* Network, Adapter 2 : "Host only Adapter"

* On your Guest use "yast2 lan" to set 192.168.10.2

Ok ?

Dsant, from France