[opensuse] ICH7R setup?
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2014 12:33:13 +0100
I'm experimenting with a new installation on SATA RAID with ICH7R - when
I started the installation, I was asked if the MD subsystem should
manage the RAID device(s), to which I said yes.

In the partitioner, I then saw two RAID devices, md126 and md127, which
seems a bit odd. Aren't they the ones created when stray superblocks
are found? I was also surprised to see two RAID1s, as I only created
one.

Has anyone else played with such a setup? I'm tempted to revert to md
software raid.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (0.0°C)