Re: [opensuse] samba/rcnmb/rcsmb (was: multiboot value)
On 2014-01-22 11:27 (GMT+0100) Lars Mueller composed:
On Wed, Jan 22, 2014 at 10:20:20AM +0100, Lars Mueller wrote:
On Tue, Jan 21, 2014 at 12:12:10PM -0800, John Andersen wrote:
> On 1/21/2014 7:05 AM, Felix Miata wrote:
> > I rebooted back to 11.4, and shares remained visible both ways, just as if
11.4 had never had a problem seeing or being seen in the first
> > place.
> I often run into the exact same problem, and simple take down and bring up
nmbd.
> I've always liked the ability to do that separate from smbd, because it
doesn't disrupt
> existing user connections. However it seems in later releases, smbd and nmbd
are managed
> in parallel and are harder to manage separately.

That's more or less still the same. Independent if we use native
systemd service files or not.

But we didn't had tmpfiles for samba from the beginning while using
the systemd service files. This was covered by bug 856759.

You need to have the following line in the package change log:

- Create /var/run/samba with systemd-tmpfiles on post-12.2 systems;
(bnc#856759).

Till we published updated samba packages including this change you're
able to grab fixed packages from the network:samba:STABLE repository at
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/network:/samba:/STABLE/

FWIW, my comment forking the thread above quoted is about samba-3.6.3-122.1.i586 on 11.4 aka Evergreen, which predates systemd and /run by a very long time. Last changelog entry for samba is Wed May 08 2013.

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/