Re: [opensuse] Installing 13.1 with NET iso, hangs at "Loading Installation System x/6, arbitrary percentage
On 2014-01-22 08:43 (GMT+0100) Per Jessen composed:

Wrt the disk-drive, well, they just don't make them like that anymore.

Good riddance.

It's a 1999 10Gb Western Digital Caviar, showing no problems and
passing the short smart selftest every day.

Lucky you. They were my last choice, used only if free, nothing else available, and going into something that matters little if lost:
https://web.archive.org/web/20070504095735/http://archives.mandrivalinux.com/expert/2002-05/msg00948.php

I only ever started buying any WD after WD & Seagate bought up everyone else making 3.5" drives. With only two choices left, picking only one results in all eggs in same basket risk.

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/