Re: [opensuse] Failed to backup certificate from Firefox
Am 21.01.2014 15:07, schrieb Vojtěch Zeisek:
Hi,
I generated S/MIME certificates for e-mails using https://www.startssl.com/
it
installs certificates to the browser. I have to export it from the browser
and
then import to mail client. I use Firefox 26 (openSUSE 13.1, KDE 4.12). When
try to export the certificate, I get an error "Failed to create the PKCS #12
backup file for unknown reasons.“ As only hint I found how to avoid this
problem [1] was to restart FF in safe mode (without addons). It didn't help
me, I still get same error. Does anyone have same problem? Any idea how to
solve it? As StartSSL authenticates users with certificate (which I can't
export), I can't use another browser.
Thanks in advance,
Vojtěch

[1] http://ngs.ac.uk/ukca/certificates/certbackup
Other problems dealing with similar issue, finally not useful for me:
http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-968684-start-0.html and
https://superuser.com/questions/586245/pull-certificate-from-firefox-without-using-firefox

I cannot reproduce the issue. I can export my StartSSL cert w/o any
issues from within Firefox.
Anyway there is another way to get it on command line:

- install mozilla-nss-tools
- find the nickname of your cert using
certutil -d ~/.mozilla/firefox/YOUR_PROFILE -L
- export the cert as P12 with
pk12util -o cert.p12 -n "NICKNAME" -d ~/.mozilla/firefox/YOUR_PROFILE

Wolfgang