Re: [opensuse] New NVIDIA drivers available
On 21/01/14 03:00, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
[...]
The driver released on 10 January - 319.82 - has no problem compiling
and there is no need to use '-no-unified-memory'.

Are you suggesting that the new one (331.38, released 14 January) has
regressed to not compile without the '-n-u-m' "fix"?
Yes, on my TW 331.38 requires -no-unified-memory and announces that CUDA
will not be functional, and:
nvidia-cuda-mps-control -d is running
nvidia-cuda-mps-control get_server_list doesn't report anything
:(
kernel 3.12.7-7.g78b11e9-desktop
OpenGL renderer string: GeForce GTS 450/PCIe/SSE2
OpenGL core profile version string: 4.3.0 NVIDIA 331.38

Incredible!

What a farce nVidia is! It must use programmers - a.k.a "engineers" -
who aren't able to tell the difference between their 'asses' and
holes in the ground!

Release one driver which compiles perfectly and then release another
one 3 days later[*] which doesn't!

I just tried to compile the latest 331.38 driver with the same result
as yourself, Patrick.

Pathetic, is the kindest word I could use.

[*] I made a typo in the earlier post: the 319.82 was released on the
10th January and the 331.38 on the 13th January.

Basil, check locally and see if a "Dale Carnegie" Training class is
available. I'm sure we can provide you with free admission.