Re: [opensuse] Re: Where does LVM Info live
Joachim Schrod wrote:
On 01/20/14 18:20, Dave Howorth wrote:
Yeah, is why I always keep the root and boot as non-RAID, non-LVM :(

I understand why you don't want to use LVM for them.

I don't understand why you do not want to use RAID.

Probably unjustified paranoia. I worry about not being able to boot
because of errors during update or upgrade. I've read too many threads
about issues with RAID and booting. I do use it for all my data and
separately for the backups.

So I just keep an offline mirror of the root disk. When there's a
problem, I just plug that into the root position.

In addition, RAID gives nice possibilities for installing new SUSE
versions instead of inline upgrades with no backup possibility.

I just keep a spare partition or two and install new versions into them.

I'm not claiming it's the best or only way, just that it works for me.

Cheers, Dave