Re: [opensuse] Installing 13.1 with NET iso, hangs at "Loading Installation System x/6, arbitrary percentage
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2014 07:50:37 +0100
Felix Miata wrote:

On 2014-01-20 19:46 (GMT+0100) Per Jessen composed:

Felix Miata wrote:

In my experience it only automatically "uses" swap by making an
entry in fstab for the newly installed system. I've always needed to
goto tty2 as soon as possible and execute swapon for the installer
to use swap.

Like Lars said, in the past the installer has added swap space
automatically. I have not played with such tiny systems for quite
some time though.

Maybe the automatic use only occurred if more RAM was required than
available?

Yes, quite possibly, using the swap-space makes it difficult/impossible
to alter the disk-layout. If you prepare the disk before-hand, it's
quite a useful feature though.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (0.0°C)