Re: [opensuse] Installing 13.1 with NET iso, hangs at "Loading Installation System x/6, arbitrary percentage
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2014 19:46:21 +0100
Felix Miata wrote:

On 2014-01-20 14:40 (GMT+0100) Per Jessen composed:

Lars Müller wrote:

On Mon, Jan 20, 2014 at 01:17:32PM +0100, Per Jessen wrote:

Okay, problem found - out-of-memory. 256M is apparently no longer
sufficient to run the installer :-(

Fedora claims 1G is needed to run its installer. :-p

You have time and some disk space to swap?

Then you might get it working. By default the install system is
this smart to notice that there is a partition with a valid swap
signature and even uses it.

Yeah, I thought so too, but it doesn't seem to be recognizing my swap
partition. I wonder if I can add it manually.

In my experience it only automatically "uses" swap by making an entry
in fstab for the newly installed system. I've always needed to goto
tty2 as soon as possible and execute swapon for the installer to use
swap.

Like Lars said, in the past the installer has added swap space
automatically. I have not played with such tiny systems for quite some
time though.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (0.0°C)