Re: [opensuse] Installing 13.1 with NET iso, hangs at "Loading Installation System x/6, arbitrary percentage
On 2014-01-20 14:40 (GMT+0100) Per Jessen composed:

Lars Müller wrote:

On Mon, Jan 20, 2014 at 01:17:32PM +0100, Per Jessen wrote:

Okay, problem found - out-of-memory. 256M is apparently no longer
sufficient to run the installer :-(

Fedora claims 1G is needed to run its installer. :-p

You have time and some disk space to swap?

Then you might get it working. By default the install system is this
smart to notice that there is a partition with a valid swap signature
and even uses it.

Yeah, I thought so too, but it doesn't seem to be recognizing my swap
partition. I wonder if I can add it manually.

In my experience it only automatically "uses" swap by making an entry in fstab for the newly installed system. I've always needed to goto tty2 as soon as possible and execute swapon for the installer to use swap.

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/