Re: [opensuse] openSUSE + gpsd + PPS + NTP
  • From: Roger Oberholtzer <roger@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2014 08:02:52 +0100
On 2014-01-17 15:38, Roger Oberholtzer wrote:
sats. So I think I will configure but not enable ntpd. Then my new script
will start ntpd when it sees the GPS has come on line. And I will pray
that none of the services I need barf if the time changes in a way not to
their liking. Seems a potentially fragile solution.

If the CMOS clock was withing seconds, everything should survive.

That is a core problem. I can't guarantee this will be the case. I have to
build for the worst case scenario.

--
Yours sincerely,

Roger Oberholtzer