[opensuse] NAS Solutions - Suggestion Please
Hi!

I have 2 x SUSE Linux servers, which uses several additional internal
hard drives for backup. I have an idea to move backup storage to
separate dedicated NAS box.

This enclosure with 4 x Hot-swap SATA drives and 1 system 2.5" HD seem
to be OK. I think to use small SSD drive for OS in order to improve
reliability.

CFI A-7879 enclosure (4x 3.5" NAS, 1x 2.5", Hot-Plug, 1x PCI, 200W)
http://www.minipc.de/catalog/il/1427

From the software side I'm not so sure. I like FreeNAS and its
particular feature called RAID-Z2, which implements in software RAID L6,
which tolerated failure of 2 hard drives simultaneously without data
loss. Once I already had RAID L5 failure, so this is very essential issue.

FreeNAS is based on FreeBSD, so if anyone have suggestion for comparable
solution based on Linux, I will be very glad to hear.

Thanks in advance for any suggestion(s)
Andrei