Re: [opensuse] apache log full of wpad.dat
* Patrick Shanahan <paka@xxxxxxxxxxxx> [01-18-14 13:35]:
* Patrick Shanahan <paka@xxxxxxxxxxxx> [01-18-14 12:58]:
* Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx> [01-18-14 11:27]:
[...]
You really need two lines:

SetEnvIf Request_URI wpad\.dat dontlog=1
CustomLog file format env=!dontlog
^^^^^^^^^^^

Don't forget to amend 'file' and 'format' according to your needs. Also
note the different positioning of the '!'.

Then I need to replace the present line:
CustomLog /var/log/apache2/awstats.log combined
with:
SetEnvIf Request_URI wpad\.dat dontlog=1
CustomLog /var/log/apache2/awstats.log combined env!=dontlog

away atm, will report

apache2 start complaines about format and stops, removing "!" from
"env!=dontlog" satisfies the "format" error but doesn't stop the wpad.dat
entries :^(

and I misplaced the "!", corrected and testing

tks,