Re: [opensuse] windows 98 emulation
John Andersen <jsamyth@xxxxxxxxx> írta:
On 1/16/2014 8:02 AM, Istvan Gabor wrote:
Hello:

I would like to run windows 98 in in my openSUSE 12.2 in a virtual
environment.

Unfortunately Virtualbox is useless for emulating windows 98 (terribly slow,
graphics glitches, guest OS support can not be installed).

I also tried QEMU, but since my processor (despite of it is a Core2 Quad
processor) does not support virtualization, QEMU cannot use the kvm kernel
module, and therefore is very slow.

Wait, precisely WHO manufactured a core 2 quad without virtulization support?
Have you triple checked your bios settings?

No, I have checked only once.
But this site convinced me:

http://ark.intel.com/products/36547/intel-core2-quad-processor-q8200-4m-cache-2_33-ghz-1333-mhz-fsb

Unfortunatley this is the processor I have.

Cheers,

Istvan