Re: [opensuse] windows 98 emulation
Marcus Meissner <meissner@xxxxxxx> írta:
On Thu, Jan 16, 2014 at 05:02:59PM +0100, Istvan Gabor wrote:
Hello:

I would like to run windows 98 in in my openSUSE 12.2 in a virtual
environment.

Unfortunately Virtualbox is useless for emulating windows 98 (terribly slow,
graphics glitches, guest OS support can not be installed).

I also tried QEMU, but since my processor (despite of it is a Core2 Quad
processor) does not support virtualization, QEMU cannot use the kvm kernel
module, and therefore is very slow.

Several years ago I used VMware and it could run windows 98 with reasonable
speed on much less advanced hardware using its own kernel module (which did
not require cpu support if I remember correctly).

What options do I have currently to run windows 98 with a decent speed on my
system? I would prefer something opensource or free software at least.

If you just want to run Windows applications, what about Wine?

I use wine for some applications (eg EAC), but this time I would like to have a
'native' windows installation.

Cheers,

Istvan