Re: [opensuse] openSUSE + gpsd + PPS + NTP
  • From: Roger Oberholtzer <roger@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2014 16:27:27 +0100
On Friday, January 17, 2014 03:48:14 PM Per Jessen wrote:

So you disable the setting of time on startup. That way there's nothing
to wait for. Your services that require a correct time will have to
wait until your GPS is working anyway, right?

Indeed. Knowing when this is the case is part of the issue.

So I think I will configure but not enable
ntpd. Then my new script will start ntpd when it sees the GPS has come
on line. And I will pray that none of the services I need barf if the
time changes in a way not to their liking. Seems a potentially fragile
solution.

I suggest 's/pray/test/g'

First you hope. Then you pray. Then you test. Then you pray.

--
Yours sincerely,

Roger Oberholtzer

Ramböll RST / Systems