Re: [opensuse] openSUSE + gpsd + PPS + NTP
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2014 15:33:16 +0100
Roger Oberholtzer wrote:

Just saw on the Factory list that someone was having an issue with
ntpd starting on a systemd-type system. Seems that the boot process
will wait for ntpd startup to complete before the system boot
completes. This I did not expect. The reason given was that things
like dovecot will die if the time jumps some amount. To keep that from
happening, ntpd must start and presumably complete time sync before
many services complete.

My ntpd completes startup in less than a second. I use broadcast
though, so no DNS etc.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (7.0°C)