Re: [opensuse] openSUSE + gpsd + PPS + NTP
  • From: Roger Oberholtzer <roger@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2014 13:38:04 +0100

Just saw on the Factory list that someone was having an issue with ntpd
starting on a systemd-type system. Seems that the boot process will wait for
ntpd startup to complete before the system boot completes. This I did not
expect. The reason given was that things like dovecot will die if the time
jumps some amount. To keep that from happening, ntpd must start and presumably
complete time sync before many services complete.

I just know this will be a problem for me. I wonder if that behavior can be
modified without too much pain...

--
Yours sincerely,

Roger Oberholtzer