Re: [opensuse] lack of space on /boot for new kernel
On 2014-01-17 05:51, Andrey Borzenkov wrote:
On Fri, Jan 17, 2014 at 2:29 AM, Carlos E. R.
On 2014-01-16 23:19, Fr David Ousley wrote:
This suggests the best long-term solution (someone else suggested moving
/boot to the root file system). Let me see if I've got it:

You can not do this is your "/" is on LVM or some raid types.

The raid is set in the motherboard BIOS. Listed in the Yast partitioner
as DM Raid. Does that preclude moving /boot to root?

As it that is a "fake" raid, you would still need a separate /boot.

Fake raid is seen as a single drive in BIOS. So you must have your
/boot on raid to be usable.

Are you sure of that?
In that case, you don't need a separate boot partition for fake raid.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.