Re: [opensuse] lack of space on /boot for new kernel
  • From: Andrey Borzenkov <arvidjaar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2014 08:51:30 +0400
On Fri, Jan 17, 2014 at 2:29 AM, Carlos E. R.
On 2014-01-16 23:19, Fr David Ousley wrote:
This suggests the best long-term solution (someone else suggested moving
/boot to the root file system). Let me see if I've got it:

You can not do this is your "/" is on LVM or some raid types.

The raid is set in the motherboard BIOS. Listed in the Yast partitioner
as DM Raid. Does that preclude moving /boot to root?

As it that is a "fake" raid, you would still need a separate /boot.

Fake raid is seen as a single drive in BIOS. So you must have your
/boot on raid to be usable.

However, I understand that on some cases you can go without.

It depends on whether grub is capable of still loading the kernel, I guess.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.