Re: [opensuse] windows 98 emulation
On 1/16/2014 3:29 PM, Cristian Rodríguez wrote:
El 16/01/14 16:13, John Andersen escribió:

Wait, precisely WHO manufactured a core 2 quad without virtulization support?
Have you triple checked your bios settings?

There are a few Intel core 2 chips that either do not have VT support or have
such support forcefully disabled by the firmware, in some
cases there is no BIOS options to enable again.

I was aware of this for the core 2 Duo, but by the time the quad cores came out
I thought
the absence of hypervisor support was eliminated, but I see that Wiki says
about 4 models of Yorkfield-6Ms dont support VT-x.

Boy I'd be pissed if I happened to buy one of those.
I stand corrected.