Re: [opensuse] lack of space on /boot for new kernel
On 1/16/2014 1:18 PM, Fr David Ousley wrote:
This suggests the best long-term solution (someone else suggested moving
/boot to the root file system). Let me see if I've got it:

unmount /boot (I'm on a running system now)
mount boot somewhere on the root filesystem
update fstab to point to where /boot now is
edit /etc/grub.conf to do the same

Not sure that is what anyone recommended, but I might have missed a few posts.

My machine was set up with no /boot partition, and /boot is just another normal
directory in / (root). (It was a fresh install).

Not sure you can just do it that easy. Don't know how it affects things
like your MBR etc.