Re: [opensuse] lack of space on /boot for new kernel
On 2014-01-16 22:18, Fr David Ousley wrote:

On Thu, 16 Jan 2014 14:16:42 -0500, Felix Miata <> wrote:

If your /boot uses a journaling filesystem it is doing so for
virtually no reason and wasting space in the process. Most of /boot's
infrequent >accesses are only reading. Writing rarely happens except
at new kernel installation or old kernel removal times. All my /boot
partitions are >ext2.

Mine is ext4, which I guess is unnecessary, from what you say. ext4 is
journalling, right?

Yes.

I concur on the recommendation to use ext2 for /boot.

This suggests the best long-term solution (someone else suggested moving
/boot to the root file system). Let me see if I've got it:

You can not do this is your "/" is on LVM or some raid types.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.