Re: [opensuse] lack of space on /boot for new kernel
On 2014-01-16 22:02, Robin Klitscher wrote:
For what it may be worth, as a mere ignorant user I just have
splash=verbose on the kernel line in grub.cfg (or menu.lst). This gives
me the plain text messages flowing by (too fast to read, actually) in
place of the eye-candy while leaving Plymouth running (or at least
that's what the boot log reports).

Yep.
You can also disable plymouth with a boot parameter.

But I have to remove it because it takes space in the /boot partition
that I need, disabling it is not enough for me.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.