Re: [opensuse] lack of space on /boot for new kernel
On 2014-01-16 20:18, Fr David Ousley wrote:
I uninstalled plymouth and rebooted. No change to the size of the files
in /boot, including the large initrd. Did I miss something? Thanks

You need to recreate initrds (run mkinitrd manually). It is not
performed during plymouth (de-)installation.

Thanks -- this did the trick. initrd is half the size it was, leaving
almost half of /boot free.

Thanks to all who helped! Thecommunity is wonderful.

Yep. I forgot to mention that you had to run mkinitrd.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.