Re: [opensuse] lack of space on /boot for new kernel
Could you move boot into root? Or could you move boot to some other
larger unused partition? You could do this from a live CD/DVD/usb-stick
and reconfigure grub2.

There are also live-disks with non-destructive re-partitioning tools such
as gpartd which is part of my openSUSE system (not sure if it's on the live
DVD system).