Re: [opensuse] openSUSE + gpsd + PPS + NTP
  • From: Roger Oberholtzer <roger@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2014 14:39:36 +0100
On Wednesday, January 15, 2014 02:03:12 PM jdd wrote:
Le 15/01/2014 13:22, Roger Oberholtzer a écrit :
We already have the GPS in the systems. These are very high end inertial
navigation systems that have a GSP as a component. We use equipment from
http://www.oxts.com/. Another supplier is http://www.applanix.com/

yes, the question is do these device have a way to maintain clock when there
are no satellite?

They do. But I don't know how consistent they are. We would not collect data
when the GPS is in that state anyway. I think we will gate having the GPS
obtain a sat fix. When that happens, the system ntp init script can then do
it's thing.

--
Yours sincerely,

Roger Oberholtzer