Re: [opensuse] openSUSE + gpsd + PPS + NTP
Roger Oberholtzer wrote:
Our problem is not so much with ntp failing to set the correct time as is is
with knowing that ntp has failed to set the correct time. If we know it has
failed we can take steps to correct the cause of failure. If we do not know
it
has failed, we collect lots of very expensive and unfortunately useless data.

As I mentioned earlier, you can use ntpd -q to initially set time.
Perhaps you could use a script to verify time has been set before
allowing other processes that need the accurate time.