Re: [opensuse] Toshiba laptop with 12.3 - automatic suspend/resume stopped working after latest updates
  • From: Andrey Borzenkov <arvidjaar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2014 15:44:49 +0400
On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 11:03 AM, Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Per Jessen wrote:

Andrey Borzenkov wrote:

В Вс, 05/01/2014 в 17:06 +0100, Per Jessen пишет:
There isn't really a failing suspend, the suspend simply doesn't
happen. The automatic resume doesn't happen either.

Did you consider broken lid switch? I had it at least once.

Good question, I guess I can't exclude the possiblity.

Unless it's built into the screen hinges, AFAICT, it's not a
mechanical
switch. I expect some sort of optical sensor perhaps. I am wondering
how I could verify the lid switch - how about if I boot Knoppix (the
openSUSE Live image doesn't fit on a CD) or some such and check the
relevant logs when opening/closing the lid?

Okay, I booted from openSUSE-KDE-Live-13.1 - the first time I closed the
lid, it worked, when I opened it, it also resumed, but the second time
it stopped working.

Did you try to completely power off notebook (I'd even remove battery)
and boot normal installed system to check whether it works first time
after power cycle? It could be that kernel screws up something in ACPI
settings first time it does suspend/resume cycle.