Re: [opensuse] openSUSE + gpsd + PPS + NTP
Le 15/01/2014 08:18, Roger Oberholtzer a écrit :

Provided that the GPS is providing times at the time the init script runs.
What if the user turns on the measurement system in a parking garage where
there is no satellite available? Time will not be available when the init
script runs.

hello, I did not follow the hread since the beginning, exuse me if this have already been said.

Time ago one could buy quartz controlled PC clocks with very good accuracy, a radio controlled clock could also be used. I do'nt know if this still exists, but I don't see either why it shouldn't.

that said it could be pretty easy to record "pc time" and "gps time" and "sta time"

and do not the gps have an internal timer??? professional gps, at least, should have one

https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/oem/sensors-and-boards/gps-18x-oem/prod27594.html

http://static.garmincdn.com/pumac/GPS_18x_Tech_Specs.pdf

says:

"Onboard rechargeable backup battery can maintain the real - time clock for up to 10 days"

Garmin could certainly give detailed infos and ntp soud be able to sync with the module

jdd

--
http://www.dodin.org