Re: [opensuse] openSUSE + gpsd + PPS + NTP
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2014 21:17:02 +0100
John Andersen wrote:

On 1/14/2014 12:09 PM, Per Jessen wrote:

Er, GMT is UTC+0, i.e. the same thing.

Not exactly.

They differ by 16 seconds or so.

Really? I was not aware, but I guess I have always seen those acronyms
to be timezones, not actual time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UTC

Universal Time Coordinated (French: Temps Universel Coordonné, UTC) is
the primary time standard by which the world regulates clocks and
time. It is one of several closely related successors to Greenwich
Mean Time (GMT). For most purposes, UTC is synonymous with GMT, but
GMT is no longer precisely defined by the scientific community.

Do US GPS satellites really supply GMT ???

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (2.7°C)